Skip to main content

you've sunk my battleship!


now, before i really begin let me just say that i actually find this all quite funny. there is humor within this - really, you should have seen me earlier:)
so, yesterday i posted on my facebook status that my battleship had been sunk. and it had, today, well, it sunk a little further! let me recap for you....i woke up and for whatever reason(hubby claims hormones) i was a grump. just kind of angry i guess, but not really. do you ever feel that way? the kids had a 2 hour delay on their first day back to school after 2 weeks! seriously, a 2 hour delay already??? actually, that was fine. they slept in and it was a rather peaceful back to school event.
then i sat down for a few minutes and realized that 2 weeks of having my kiddos home resulted in a lot of unfinished work. ugh....so i loaded up my stuff rather agitated with myself and a few others. driving to work i jammed out to some good old 80's music. love that stuff...
get to work and get even more frustrated. i'm not sure why - honestly, and while i was frustrated i was laughing too. it was weird. then hubby teases me about our bank loan. that stinker - he totally knew my temperment and decided to play with me. i love that guy - even now i'm smiling and letting out a bit of a chuckle over his little trick!
okay - i vented a few frustrations and felt better...in the meantime i'm searching deep within me for some clue as to why i am the way i am today (well yesterday, but it needs to be i in context here). not much comes to mind.
then i set off to make a poster on our copy machine. stupid copy machine. we have a love hate relationship. a year ago it let me make really cool 12x18 posters on glossy paper. yesterday, no way. it jammed, then smelled as it burned, then jammed again, then wouldn't finish the print job, then had to be turned off twice before finally forcing the wonderful secretary to call the repair man. yep - it had won the battle and taken my spirit down with it.
i head out for a run and due to some other things happening between here and there only got about 10 minutes...but it was an intense 10 minutes! intense i say!!!! while on the run it stuck me i was in over my head. i think i was frustrated with somethings because i have too much on my plate which results in doing nothing well and, well, i believe in doing all things well. my hubby might disagree on me making the bed well and such, but that is a different story.
then, i get a phone call in the evening that makes me feel like a failure yet again, but also confirms my big awakening while sinking on the battle ship. i'm in way over my head. how on earth did i get here? i still don't know that answer...
so i go to bed and start today over. still feeling a little sunk i start out my day. oh wait, did i mention princess had to cry herself to sleep because the book she read was sad and i told her it was past bedtime and reading another was out of the question. some of you may think that cruel, but the fact is if she had chosen to read a short picture book maybe, but she chooses to read 100 page books - and she reads all 100 pages at a time!! and then mapboy had 4 bad dreams - 4 mind you - last night which resulted in me giving in to lying in his room for a few minutes till he felt safe. that was at 3:30 am....
okay - so i am up and refreshed and they go to school on time. i go to school too. what a trip to be there right after a 2 week break. i asked one girl how her break was and she said "great! i puked a lot!" okay then...
i come home, eat some lunch, read some in a book, and head back out to make copies because i've been assured the copy machine is back in the land of the living and did not break due to my glossy paper burning inside it. once there i do a few odd and ends and then get ready to start printing....guess what?? are you ready for this??? the website i need to print from - well, it seems to be malfunctioning today!!! argh!!!
so, i close up, spit my gum out and grab chocolate from the secretaries jar and leave.
yep - i've definitely had my battleship sunk. i'm in over my head and swimming upstream...but like i said, i actually find an awful lot of humor in this.
i'm pretty sure the rescue boat is on it's way:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 word: rhythm

 as i began to ponder all that i had learned about myself in 2020 i found amazing places of adaptability, leadership, and change.  those are great strengths and proved to be valuable in 2020, however those same things left me feeling a bit out of sorts, unanchored.  i know my life needs to find some grounding again.  i told my husband yesterday and a friend today that i am not looking forward to 2021.  no big plans. no vacations to look forward to.  several things are already cancelled and leaving some voids at work.  but really...there is nothing like being an incredible social person and realizing 2021 has a looming sense of loneliness when my girl takes on college. with this in mind, i knew i needed to find some ways to reclaim myself; putting space into my life filled with things that bring joy and peace.  there are things i need to continue changing physically, emotionally, spiritually, and relationally, yet discipline is not in my skill set.  it freaks me out.  constrains me lead

me, on politics

i despise politics. i never liked it, but i married a man fascinated with it. a man who wanted to be part of it all...and was, briefly. boy were our eyes opened... anyways...it seems like this election has several hot button topics. one of which is universal healthcare. my cousin started a blog called politics for mom and there have been several heated debates going on. i was reading several comments on healthcare. and frankly i was bothered! now, i don't know that a strict universal healthcare is the answer, but i do know that we have now doesn't work for the average person. here is our story.... hubby worked in a small business - 3 employees at the most that i can remember. we paid 1/2 our insurance..until it came to the point where our half each month was twice what we would pay if we were on our own. but for the owner it saved him money. so he agreed to cover ours in full. we were very grateful. i also know at times, that because of the healthcare cost, it was a struggle f

the word...

new year.  new decade. new word.  i started the habit of choosing a word almost exactly a decade ago.  each year the word has evolved and helped shape the year. well, this year is quite likely the exception.  or at least i thought it was.  my usual yearly reflection takes me on a journey through the year where the word has evolved into something entirely different than the road i envisioned. and usually i am in awe of how God used that word. this year was strange.  looking back on the goals i set, i see failure, not awe.  now before you go and tell me i am not a failure, i did fail at the goals i set.  truly.  goal 1:  grow and develop in a healthy way.  nope.  ending the year with extra instead of less.  attempted, yet didn't follow through on many health plans.  goal 2:  grow spiritually through meditation, scripture reading, and community.  nope.  ending the year with little reading and loss of church community that grieves me deeply. late fall i started pondering thes