Skip to main content

i'm a little bit...

so while out with a friend yesterday, well, we were working together, we got to talking and although i don't remember what led to this statement, but i said to her that i thought i had a little bit hippy hidden inside me somewhere. she laughed (she has known me for quite a while) and said, "alittle bit hippy? girl you have a lot of hippy in there!" now, i don't know about that, but she proceeded to point out i wanted a barefoot wedding and i don't wear make-up - okay, maybe she is on to something. but somedays i wear make up and jewelry and cute fun clothes.

so then this morning i was working with hubby. i stopped to read some random historic marker. then he took a picture and said, "i need to teach you how to take artsy-fartsy pictures." now, i looked a little perplexed because i don't really take pictures. when i looked at him odd and asked him why he said it would make my blog more interesting....

so all of this got me thinking - how would i define myself? there is a bit of hippy in me. i love the idea of being organic and green. even though i'm not doing all of it the whole concept is so appealing to me. i love the idea of being a follower of Jesus - not a christian. i know - it is really the same thing, or is it???? then there is the whole girly-girl side of me that enjoys dressing up from time to time. and don't forget the girl that likes to get dirty and go camping and live a little rugged. but at the same time, fly me to a beach and let me relax with a beachside condo and a good book.

then i'm the girl who enjoys water! i love water. it is what i most drink....but i can't forget the starbucks. i have to have my starbucks. and of course i enjoy a fine wine too - but bring on the woodchuck sometimes too...

geesh, i'm getting even more complicated to figure out...

i love musicals!! i love broadway....but bring on a good suspense conspiracy thriller movie and i'm into it - big time. i love the sappy love stories, but love the non-sense comedies. i love everything from 80's music, rock and roll, love songs, worship music, and everything country.

i love living in town, but long for a house in the country. would live in the mountains, big city, or by the ocean, but love my small town.

i love art - good art and photography. i love to read non-fiction, fiction, christian fiction, random things, even newspapers. i love quaint little vacation spots that have nothing to do but read and walk around. i love finding local coffee shops. my hubby might drag me into some i'd rather not, but for the most part i'm up for it.

so who am i??? i really like the song that's been playing and i'm starting to see why. i love that i am totally free to be me. to be the me that Jesus made me. to be the me that changes as i learn and grow. i've gone from being tom-boy to girly-girl to camp girl to somewhere in between. i've been shy, yes, i'm quite sure i was when i was young, and now will talk to a stranger for hours if i can. i like who i am. i like that i'm one part hippy, one part artsy, one part girly, one part rugged, and fully His. i like that God made me to be so free....i'm free to be me!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 word: rhythm

 as i began to ponder all that i had learned about myself in 2020 i found amazing places of adaptability, leadership, and change.  those are great strengths and proved to be valuable in 2020, however those same things left me feeling a bit out of sorts, unanchored.  i know my life needs to find some grounding again.  i told my husband yesterday and a friend today that i am not looking forward to 2021.  no big plans. no vacations to look forward to.  several things are already cancelled and leaving some voids at work.  but really...there is nothing like being an incredible social person and realizing 2021 has a looming sense of loneliness when my girl takes on college. with this in mind, i knew i needed to find some ways to reclaim myself; putting space into my life filled with things that bring joy and peace.  there are things i need to continue changing physically, emotionally, spiritually, and relationally, yet discipline is not in my skill set.  it freaks me out.  constrains me lead

me, on politics

i despise politics. i never liked it, but i married a man fascinated with it. a man who wanted to be part of it all...and was, briefly. boy were our eyes opened... anyways...it seems like this election has several hot button topics. one of which is universal healthcare. my cousin started a blog called politics for mom and there have been several heated debates going on. i was reading several comments on healthcare. and frankly i was bothered! now, i don't know that a strict universal healthcare is the answer, but i do know that we have now doesn't work for the average person. here is our story.... hubby worked in a small business - 3 employees at the most that i can remember. we paid 1/2 our insurance..until it came to the point where our half each month was twice what we would pay if we were on our own. but for the owner it saved him money. so he agreed to cover ours in full. we were very grateful. i also know at times, that because of the healthcare cost, it was a struggle f

the word...

new year.  new decade. new word.  i started the habit of choosing a word almost exactly a decade ago.  each year the word has evolved and helped shape the year. well, this year is quite likely the exception.  or at least i thought it was.  my usual yearly reflection takes me on a journey through the year where the word has evolved into something entirely different than the road i envisioned. and usually i am in awe of how God used that word. this year was strange.  looking back on the goals i set, i see failure, not awe.  now before you go and tell me i am not a failure, i did fail at the goals i set.  truly.  goal 1:  grow and develop in a healthy way.  nope.  ending the year with extra instead of less.  attempted, yet didn't follow through on many health plans.  goal 2:  grow spiritually through meditation, scripture reading, and community.  nope.  ending the year with little reading and loss of church community that grieves me deeply. late fall i started pondering thes